How To Keep Going When You Feel Like Giving Up
Ever feel like quitting? “Are you kidding?” you ask, “A better question would be, ‘How many times TODAY have I felt like quitting?’ ” Sure. We’ve all felt like “throwing in the towel” at one time or another. If you haven’t, I suggest that you check your pulse quickly.
And here’s a real shocker for you: the notion that “winners never quit” is a crock! Everyone – even “winners”- has not only felt like it, but has even quit at one time or another.
The difference between the average person and the successful one is how they react in the moment they feel like quitting. The average person will quit as soon as they feel like it, but a nearly universal trait among successful people is their ability to push through this discomfort.
It’s common nature to want to quit. I mean look at our society…
Think about how many people stick with their New Years resolution of losing weight or going to the gym???????
What about a Home Business? How many people do you know who have started a business end up quitting because they feel it’s hard or they get discouraged? It’s higher then you would think.
At the end of the day… it’s not necessarily the business that is the problem…it’s usually our human tendency to get discouraged or let outside factors get us down that makes us want to quit.
Having said that, I do feel that we, too often, give up on our dreams too easily and quickly – sometimes just one small step short of success.
So what can you do when YOU feel like quitting your Home Business? Here are a few things I recommend:
1. Look at others who are successful in your business and emulate what they do. Usually you will find that these people have been at it for more than just a few weeks or months. Most of them have been at it for years. I guarantee you that they have had times when they wanted to quit during that time! But they stuck with it because they knew that to be successful at anything in life it takes consistent effort and time.
2. You have to have a BIG WHY. The reason you are doing your business has got to motivate you so you won’t quit. Sometimes you hear people say…”You need to have a Why that makes you cry.” Maybe you want to get out of the corporate Rat Race. Maybe you want to be a stay-at-home Mom or Dad. Maybe you want to volunteer and change lives? You have to have something that really motivates you to stay with what you are doing.
3. Ignore the naysayers and eliminate negative people in your life. It’s sad but some of the people that are closest to us can be our worst critics. If you are surrounded by negativity, reduce the amount of time you spend with those people and find new people who are positive to be with.
4. Read positive, uplifting books that will help you grow. Work on your Personal Development. There are hundreds and hundreds of books and audios out there that can help you… take advantage of these and make them part of your daily routine.
5. And last, and most important…. TAKE MASSIVE ACTION in your business! You see, when you take action, you will have positive results which lead to success… which causes you to want to take more action, which in turn leads to more success! See how that works?
Hey, everyone wants to quit at one time or another… it’s just natural to want to do so. If you REALLY want to reach your goals though, you can’t quit. Stick with your business for a long time and with the right activity you will achieve everything you ever hoped for.
You can do it!
If you are looking for a home business that inspires you to reach your goals and achieve greatness, see what I recommend below.
…fill out the form below, and then follow the simple steps. It’s working for me, and thousands of others out there online.
And, if you already have a business you’re happy with, I will still cheer you on!
<—— Did this article help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below! I would LOVE to know more about you and your thoughts on this subject!
Let’s have some conversation!
By Lynn Huber
p.s. Get real. Were you enticed by the “illusion” that success is easy? Maybe you were enamored by the “fluff” that if you just want something badly enough, it will find its way to your doorstep. Success is WORK, pure and simple. It is the result of a certain mindset as well as a set of deliberate actions. If you don’t want to quit something, then quit fooling yourself by thinking it’s going to be a “piece of cake”.
If you are happy in a business, that is great. If you are looking for the right business; the right mentor; something you can build online, I would love to share what I am doing with you. Click here and let’s explore the possibilities.