6 Home Business Myths – What Is True and What is Not?
There are many perks to starting your own business. In fact, what’s better than utilizing your passions to help other people transform their lives, all while getting paid?
But sometimes it’s a little challenging to sort through the truths and the myths.
Before you start your own home business, here are some tips about what is real and what might be common misconceptions:
First let’s start with two different myths which all center around the same idea…
1. You’ll make less money, but it will be a labor or love. Many people believe that if you work from home, you’ll ultimately make less money. They justify this outcome by calling the business a “labor of love,” working many hours without receiving the reward. Fortunately, this is not always the case, and it depends on what you’re doing.
Sometimes you may make less initially, but this is not true for everyone who starts a home business. Be encouraged that it is possible to succeed in every area of your life, including your finances!
It is important though that you are responsible for your results. Working from home gives you even more incentive to set goals, be determined, and make it happen.
2. On the flip side, there is also a myth that says, You can spend less time at work and make more money. The truth is you’re usually working all the time. When you’re not working, you’re thinking about it. But if you love what you do and you’re following your dream, it makes a gigantic difference!
3. Being “on your own” is scary and lonely. Most home business owners find that working for themselves and reaching their own career goals within the comforts of their own home is actually freeing, as it provides many opportunities for creativity, flexibility and an overall happier professional life. Working for yourself means you are able to pick and choose who you work with, what inspires you, how to offer your services or products and what standards and policies you set.
Most home business owners, at least in the MLM / Network Marketing field have lots of support. There’s not reason to be isolated. One of the best benefits of starting this type of business is you’ll have a helping hand to guide you every step of the way. And you’ll want to also make use of team meetings, conference calls, events, and local business networking meetings to interact with others.
4. It takes a lot of money to start a business. Actually you can start your own business for less than $1,000 and in many cases less than $500 or even less. Start up costs are low and you’ll have everything you need to be successful.
5. You’re either a born entrepreneur or you’re not. While that could be true that having a home business is not for everyone, people come into this business for many reasons. You might catch the entrepreneurial bug at some point, or find yourself unemployed. When your back is against the wall, you’ll be shocked at what you can do. Some seniors find themselves at 60 or 70 needing income, yet can’t find a job, so they find themselves starting a business. Baby Boomers are just starting to realize they’ve worked their lives away for some company, and now want to put more effort into their own lives.
6. Owning a business is easier than working for someone else. The bottom line is everything is hard. Success is hard. It just is! But you will be taking greater control of your destiny, and it will be as hard as you make it, or as hard as you want it to be.
While you may not get rich as your own boss… you could! The greatest benefit to owning your own business is financial independence, because you get to create your own wealth through your own effort instead of relying on possible raises and promotions from a boss. Some of the world’s wealthiest people have been entrepreneurs.
Are you looking to start your own home business, or make some extra income? Would you like a step-by-step proven system that works?
Click to watch the video below and see what I highly recommend.
…enter your information on the right for more information. It’s working for me, and thousands of others out there online.
And, if you already have a business you’re happy with, I will still cheer you on!
<—— Did this article help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below! I would LOVE to know more about you and your thoughts on this subject!
Let’s have some conversation!
By Lynn Huber
p.s. There are lots of good opportunities out there. You just need to do your homework to be sure this one is the right one for you. I believe that owning your own business is the absolute best way to get ahead!
If you are happy in a business, that is great. If you are looking for the right business; the right mentor; something you can build online, I would love to share what I am doing with you. Click here and let’s explore the possibilities.